Monday, April 20, 2009

EXCESS FEE

In the news recently it has been reported that American Airlines began charging obese individuals who can not comfortably fit into their airline seats the cost of two seats. Other airlines are following suit... It seems a little unjust to do because I am a thin individual and those seats are uncomfortably narrow for anyone who is tall, or not obese. I think the airlines should first remodel the interior of their aircraft and make the seats more travel friendly for all before attempting to charging obese individuals the cost of two seats to travel via their aircraft.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this on the news. I can see both sides. If a person can not fit into one seat comfortably, I do believe they should have to purchase two seats. But...I agree the seats are crammed together making it uncomfortable for many people not just obese individuals. The airlines should have considered what they could do to make travel more comfortable before they singled out obese people.

    ReplyDelete